Purpose: Facilitate OpenADR stakeholders' understanding and comments on draft OpenADR v2.0 profiles.
Background: OpenADR is standardized by standards body. The body released draft for public review, ending Dec. 27.
Briefing: Update on OpenADR v2.0 within national Smart Grid standards activity, links to OpenADR v1.0, and draft review.
- Backward compatibility of commercial deployments to be retained.
- Further revisions based on stakeholder inputs and requirements.
- Public comments will address wider industry/stakeholder needs.
- OpenADR v2.0 will become formal standards (in/before Summer 2011).
- Industry represented OpenADR Alliance will advance OpenADR v2.0.
- OpenADR standards will go through regulatory process for adoption.